Boston Marathon Training
Train with us to run Boston OR qualify for the race!
Already qualified for the Boston Marathon? Congratulations! Is your goal to qualify for Boston in your next full marathon? We've got you covered. Train with us to prepare to run Boston OR to qualify for the race.
The Charm City Run Boston Marathon Training Programs are targeted towards runners who have a realistic goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon and/or runners who may have already qualified for the Boston Marathon and are interested in bettering their marathon time.
The next group starts May 6th and targets the Lehigh Valley Marathon or any other race in that time frame. Learn more and register by clicking below!
In order to participate in a Boston Marathon training program, you must meet at least one of the first two criteria and be willing to adhere to the third. These criteria include:
1. Have completed a marathon within the last 18 months and recorded a time within 20 minutes of your Boston Marathon qualifying time. For instance, if you are an 18-34 year old male, your qualifying time is a 3:05. In order to qualifying for this training program, you will need to have run a 3:25 or faster within the last 18 months. Click here for qualifying times.
2. Run one or more half marathons within the last 12 months and recorded a time that if you double your time and add 15 minutes, will equal a Boston qualifying time. For instance, for an 18-34 year old male, you would have to run a half marathon in 1:25 or faster within the last 12 months
3. You have to be willing and able to run 12 miles at a time on day one of the training and you have to be willing to run 5 or more days a week and 55 or more mile per week.
What to Expect
- Supported group runs and workouts twice a week with planned routes, refreshments and companionship. Every Tuesday evening, we will do intervals at a local track and every Saturday we will meet for long runs.
- A personalized training program with suggested paces for every run, including easy runs, tempo runs, intervals, and long runs.
- Weekly emails from the coaches with important runs for the week and any other important information – i.e. in store events, seminars, etc.
- Access to expert coaching services and advice.
- Logo training premium.
- Gait analysis with footwear recommendations.
- 10% store discount at Charm City Run.
- Advice from Charm City Run staff regarding apparel, running form, strength training, nutrition, race strategy, pacing, and more.
Click below to register for a Boston marathon training session.
Boston Marathon Training - Starts December 9th
Word on the Street
"The program was challenging. The support and experience of the coaches helped me accomplish more than I would have been able to achieve on my own." - Boston Marathon Training Group Runner
"I decided to enroll in Boston training group two months after my first marathon with a time of 3:59. From the first meeting with coach Jeff I understood that it is going to be a tough program. He adopted and modified very effective training methodology with strong scientific foundation. Jeff is also very good at building the team and making this very hard work enjoyable. We all had a lot of fun during this rough winter course. Although a Boston qualifying time was absolutely unreal for me from the beginning, I almost made it at WMRT marathon with the time 3:29:45. The program definitely works. Dropping almost 30 minutes would not be possible without such great training and Jeff's coaching." - Alex Lituev, Boston Qualifier Program Runner